Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Pathetic SBC Presale Customer Service

I'm about to move, possibly making me a potential new customer for SBC Internet service. I just spent 15 minutes on the phone with one question.

"How much is the service."

I called sales. The first service rep said he didn't do Texas and transferred my call. I was transferred to an automated system where I could report outages, optionally in spanish. Once I got through the automated system and to an operator, I was transferred again.

The next rep informed me that I could get high speed DSL for as low as $14/month. Sweet! Then I asked what she meant by "as low as"... "bla bla bla 3 other optional services bla bla bla"... So if I have a telephone line, cable, and long distance... THEN it's $14 a month. They sale packages.

"No, I just want the Internet please."

"Ok, let me transfer you to the proper department."

note: This is now the 5th transfer just to find out how much Inet access costs!

The last rep immediately answered $44.99/mn for high speed, $49.99 for 'pro' which is a tad faster.

I might be willing to pay that. In fact, I might even be willing to consider an all inclusive package so I'll have cable and a landline. But to be transferred 5 times BEFORE they close a sale with a customer... what is service like AFTER the sale?!

No comments: